Tuesday 25 July 2017

Reflecting on my PIDP Courses

Looking back on all the PIDP course I have taken i always go back to the first one I took, Instructors Skills workshop. I was so green in teaching that I sat absolutely quiet in the back of the class listening to all this amazing and terrifying knowledge the instructor was delivering.

I have always been fearful of standing in front of people and speaking. I could never do it in highschool and would crumble at any given chance. yet here I was pursuing a career that would have me constantly in front of people speaking. Funny thing is I have grown to enjoy it. I actually get a bit of a kick out of it. The knowledge that was given to me in those few lessons changed everything for me.

Another course I really enjoyed was professional practices. The Ethical Dilemmas and working with students in troubling circumstances has open my eyes to how to I should be approaching situations and what language and stance I should bring with me to the classroom. Having an instructor as accepting and knowledgeable as Alison really has helped in my learning in these course.

I have learnt to look at situations from an unbiased viewpoint, checking to see if there are other reasons a student may be resistant to a class or having trouble with learning. I definitely feel more equipped to take on future classes and look forward to pulling out some new tricks to engage my students and guide them successfully through to their new careers.

Below you can find my Feedback Strategy Project. I had fun designing this and thinking though the questions I wouldn want to know about my teaching style and the things my students would want to know that I am not teaching them. Feel free to download this file and adapt it to your classroom.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogs Creative Commons License- Attribution-NonCommercial

Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International   (CC BY-NC 4.0) This is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the  li...